Trying out a new hairstyle is always a fun way to experiment with a different look. A ponytail is one of the few hairstyles that will never go out of style, and it is impossible to go wrong with it regardless of where you are going.
The best thing about ponytail hairstyles is that there are multiple ways to wear them, and ponytail extensions are a great way to add length, texture, and volume to your look.
Here are five ponytail hairstyles with ponytail extensions and how to style them, along with different products that will help you achieve and keep the style intact, and tricks/ hacks!
Ponytail Hairstyles Using Ponytail Extensions
1. Voluminous Kinky Curly Ponytail Hairstyle
A gorgeous voluminous ponytail hairstyle
A voluminous kinky curly ponytail hairstyle will always be chic regardless of whether it is a high or a low ponytail hairstyle. This gorgeous hairstyle has a ton of volume and texture that can be achieved using kinky curly ponytail extensions.
Follow these steps to recreate this voluminous ponytail hairstyle:
• Dampen your hair by spritzing water.
• Hydrate your hair with a lightweight leave-in conditioner, and seal the product in with light oil.
• For a sleek base for your voluminous kinky curly ponytail, divide your hair into sections, apply a moisturizing gel, and brush it in sections.
• Apply edge control gel, brush your hair with a boar bristle and pull it back into a ponytail.
• Use additional gel to create a super sleek base.
• Grab your ponytail hair extension and secure it to the base of your hair. Secure the drawstrings and combs properly.
• Use coconut or argan oil on the extension to enhance the lustrous look.
• Accessorize your ponytail with bobby pins, and you are ready to seize the day.
- Sleek And Straight Ponytail Hairstyle
A sleek ponytail hairstyle makes you the center of attention
A sleek and straight ponytail is one of the most popular hairstyles. To achieve this hairstyle, you will need to straighten your natural hair for a sleek finish. This sleek ponytail hairstyle is ideal for formal events and even for date nights.
Follow these steps to achieve this sleek and straight ponytail hairstyle:
• Use a flat iron and straighten your hair in sections. This step is essential in achieving a sleek finish. Ensure you use a heat protectant before putting your hair through the flat iron.
• Brush your hair back and apply a freezing spray to tame fly-away before securing your hair into a ponytail.
• Attach a straight ponytail extension and secure it.
• Style your baby hair, and you are done.
- Center Braided Ponytail Hairstyle
Center braided ponytail hairstyle
The center braided ponytail extensions is one of the trending hairstyles. You can choose from a number of braids, and they will spice up your ponytail hairstyle. The diagonally crossed braid in the center is a creative way to express yourself.
Follow these steps to achieve the look:
• Wash and blow-dry your natural hair.
• Use a heat protectant on your hair before straightening it. Straighten your hair in sections so that no curly strands are sticking out later.
• Accurately part your hair, leave a section out in the center, and clip the rest away.
• To start the braiding process, divide the left-out section into three sections. Create a three-strand braid on both sides and diagonal braids in the center. Make sure you apply edge control between the braids for a neat finish.
• Gather the braids and secure them with an elastic band.
• Unclip the rest of the hair and tie it into a ponytail. Attach the ponytail extension.
• Set the look with hairspray.
Tip: You can use ponytail extensions in curly, wavy, or straight textures.
- Interlocked Wavy Ponytail Hairstyle
Interlocked wavy ponytail hairstyle
The interlocked wavy ponytail is another unique way to make your hairstyle stand out.
Follow these steps to recreate this gorgeous and unique ponytail hairstyle:
• Wash your hair, let it dry completely, and apply a heat protectant. Straighten your hair and leave out a section of it in the center. Clip the rest of the hair away.
• Part the leave out into two equal sections and a small section on each side.
• Begin braiding the border braids and secure them individually with black elastic bands.
• Use an edge tamer to achieve a smooth finish.
• Divide the sections in the center into small boxes like you would for box braids.
• Tie the sections and criss-cross them with each other. Make sure to use an edge control gel between the interlocked sections.
• Gather everything and tie it into a ponytail. Attach a wavy hair extension and set the look with hairspray.
- Low Braided Ponytail Hairstyle
Low braided ponytail hairstyle
This low braided ponytail hairstyle is known for its elegance. The braiding hair ponytail flows effortlessly, and you can also add hair accessories to make it stand out.
The best thing about this low-braided ponytail is that you can choose the length, color, and type of braid you want.
Follow these steps to recreate the low braided ponytail hairstyle without using heat-styling tools:
• Part your hair and tie your natural hair into different sections to make it easier to work with.
• Apply a tangle tamer cream to your hair and gently detangle it with a wide-tooth comb, then go through the hair once with a paddle brush. Do a rope twist, secure it, and repeat this heatless process for other sections of your hair.
• Undo the twists and stretch the hair by brushing it all back and tie it. Braid the hair and let it stay for about an hour.
• Undo the braid and part your hair with a rattail comb. Tie the hair temporarily and apply freeze spray to the base of your hair. Set the hair in place by brushing it with a bristle brush after using the freeze spray. Once everything is flat and sleek, tie your hair into a low ponytail. Tightly braid the loose section of your ponytail and tie it into a bun.
• Grab your ponytail hair extension and attach it to the base of your bun. Make sure it is attached properly before you begin the braiding process.
• Start doing a fishtail braid to your ponytail extension and secure the braid with a hair tie.
• Set the look with hairspray and accessorize with barrettes and bobby pins.
4 Must-Have Products For Ponytail Hair Extensions
Let’s start with the obvious- nothing beats hair gel when it comes to achieving a sleek and flawless ponytail. Fortunately, there are many solutions available. There are several styling creams and moisturizers that can assist you in creating an extremely cute ponytail hairstyle with ponytail extensions.
- Heat Protectant
Heat protectant is an important hair product you need when using heat styling tools on your ponytail hairstyle. Heat protectant protects your hair from losing moisture.
- Hair Gel
Hair gel is the go-to product if you want a more slick back texture and a wet look that is smooth and shiny. Apply it to the roots of your hair and comb it before tying it into a ponytail.
- Hair Spray
After prepping and tying your hair into a ponytail, you need to apply hairspray to set the look. The spray will hold the style and keep everything in place and provide a smooth finish.
- Curl Enhancing Hair Mousse
When you are working with textured ponytail extensions, curl-enhancing mousse helps accentuate and define the pattern.
- Edge Control
What is a ponytail hairstyle without styled edges? Edge control smoothens the hair and also helps tame flyaways.
5 Tricks And Hacks When Styling Ponytail Extensions
1. Style your hair extensions before attaching them. This hack will make life easier.
2. Teasing your hair will help make your ponytail hairstyle last longer.
3. Detangle the extensions before installing them.
4. As mentioned earlier, use a heat protectant when styling your ponytail extensions to prevent heat damage.
5. Use a section of hair from the extension for a seamless finish.
Ponytail hairstyles are classic, and ponytail extensions help achieve a fuller and gorgeous look. It takes a lot of things to achieve such hairstyles and maintain them well. Now that you know about the hairstyles and their whereabouts go ahead and get heads turning.