What Is Data Visualization?
Data Visualization is graphical representation of data. It includes charts, graphs, maps, etc. which provide a manageable way to understand data patterns and trends. In technical terms, Data Visualization is the process in which large data sets are translated into information in the form of charts, graphs, and other visuals. In this, you get a clear vision of data in the form of visuals. This makes data easy to comprehend for the human mind to understand.
Types of Data Visualization: Although there are two basic types of data visualization:
1. Static: Includes Infographics, a single opening view of a particular data story.
2. Interactive: Includes customized visuals in which your data can be represented by moving sliders or clicking a button.
Apart from basic types, there are other types of data visualization, mention below:
• Column Chart
• Bar Graph
• Stacked Bar Graph
• Line Graph
• Dual-Axis Graph
• Mekko Chart
• Pie Chart
• Scatter Plot
• Waterfall Chart
• Bubble Chart
• Bullet Graph
• Funnel Chart
• Heat Map
Data Visualization Tools
Tools is a form of software which assist in visualizing data. Each tool has a different application but the basic purpose is to input data and convert it into information which is represented in visual form. Here is the list of few tools of data visualization:
1. Microsoft Excel: Although excel is a spreadsheet tool. But it also includes data visualization properties, so it is also considered a data visualization tool with limited capabilities as compared to other tools.
2. Tableau: Itis one ofthe most popular data visualization tools as it is easy to use and is very powerful. It also offers various products along with customer relationship management. This tool helps in creating a huge variety of interactive charts that allows all stakeholders to understand data easily.
3. Zoho Analytics: It is a tool in which data visualizations are created in a few minutes. It is business intelligence software that helps to create multidimensional data visualizations from data collected from multiple sources. It also allows you to share reports with others and allows you to publish it.
4. Infogram: It is also a popular tool that is used to generate charts, reports and maps. It is popular among professionals, as it can be used to create infographics and additionally it includes a drag and drop editor also.
5. Qlik Sense: It helps companies to become data driven by providing artificial intelligence systems, data analytics engines etc. You can easily combine and visualize large sizes of data. Data represented in this are interactive and also update itself according to the current data.
6. SAP Analytics Cloud: It uses business intelligence and data analytics properties to evaluate data and create visuals of data to generate business outcomes. It provides you with complete customer satisfaction by clearing your doubts using artificial intelligence and NLP.
7. Sisense: This tool simplifies complex data and obtains insights for organizations. It provides data analytics properties to teams to make their companies the data-driven companies for the future.
8. Looker: This tool studies data in–depth to discover useful insights. It also provides customer support wherein every doubt can be cleared by answering. Data visualization can be shared with anyone and can also export files in any format.
Other tools are IBM Congo Analytics, Domo, Klipfolio, Data wrapper, Google Charts etc.
Advantages of Data Visualization:
• Easy Sharing of Data: With data visuals, companies discover new mediums for communication. Instead of sharing bulk quantities of information, Visuals data is shared in which information is better absorbed.
• Analysing Patterns: With it, it becomes easier to understand the patterns and trends of data, giving a better edge to companies to manipulate data.
• Superior Method:
• Better Understanding: Data Visuals give better solutions to problems by representing data of both aspects giving better opportunity to understand.
• Modification of Data: The biggestadvantage of data visuals is that data can be altered and modified giving business opportunities to establish better communication.
• Discovering Relations between events: Business is affected by a lot of factors and finding relation between these factors helps in better decision making.
• No Assistance: In this, a major disadvantage is that it doesn’t provide any assistance due to which different audiences will interpret it differently.
• One Sided: Information taken can be biased as information representation can occur with human interference, as a result can be one-sided.
• Not Accuracy Estimation: Data can be accurate but visuals are based on estimates, as a result it can’t be accurate and can lead to speculative conclusions.
• Wrong Focused People Can Lead to Skipping of Core: One of the drawbacks of data visualization is that the purpose of data is completed depending on its audience. If the audience is not focused, they can miss the core message of the analysis.
Why is Data Visualization Important?
Data Visualization is important for all sectors and companies as presenting data in more understandable form can leverage the information. It’s one of the most useful skills that any professional should attain to be ahead of others. As these skills help companies to make better decisions which in turn can increase your value. Data Visualization improves insights, enhances understanding, maintains the audience’s interest, and allows users to comprehend information easily, identify patterns, make predictions, and communicate information with others. So, data visualization is not only important for companies but also for professionals to enhance their value in the market.
If you want to learn this skill of presenting data in visual form and want to become a data-driven professional likedata scientist, data analyst, and etc. VisitLearnbay.co website to know details aboutdata science courses in Bangalore which will help you in attaining data visualizations and other skills.